Welcome. Bienvenue. Willkommen. Saludos.
Walden University is the flagship online university in the Laureate International Universities network, a global network of more than 75 online and campus-based universities in 29 countries. The network includes more than 900,000 students across Asia, Europe, Latin America, North Africa, the Middle East, and North America.
Are you a non-citizen or non-resident of the United States? If so, then you are considered an international student at Walden. This designation may also apply if you earned a degree outside the United States.
General Considerations for International Students
- English is the language of instruction. Please review English proficiency requirements prior to application.
- Walden University is not authorized to grant student visas for study in the United States. However, Walden does offer assistance in obtaining a visa to attend U.S. based academic residencies for certain master’s and doctoral programs.
- Depending on the degree level you wish to study, you will need a U.S. equivalent high school diploma, associate's, bachelor's or master's degree from an institution accredited by your country's higher education authority.
- You may have your transcript(s) evaluated free of charge if you are applying for a Walden program.
- International applicants are urged to take into consideration any additional steps required for transcript evaluation and to complete the admissions process. Please plan accordingly to meet application deadlines.
- You will need regular access to a computer with a reliable internet connection (Broadband is highly recommended).
Many countries have their own accrediting bodies, and degree recognition differs from country to country. Prospective students who reside outside of the United States are advised to review accreditation requirements for their own country to confirm recognition of their Walden program of choice.