Today’s employers increasingly seek information technology (IT) professionals with both the management and advanced technology skills required to help their organizations grow and thrive.
Walden University’s online Master of Information Systems Management program integrates core business and management principles with the advanced technology training you need to compete for in-demand careers in this field.
Designed with input from IT industry leaders and employers, this program will prepare you to evaluate and allocate IT resources effectively; design and manage systems to meet key organizational objectives; and lead IT initiatives and teams across functional areas in diverse organizations.
Recently redesigned to help you gain highly marketable skills more quickly and affordably, the Master of Information Systems Management program enables you to earn a Graduate Certificate in Information Systems after completing your first four courses.*
Graduates of Walden’s MISM program will be prepared to:
- Design appropriate software system structures in response to application needs, organizational environment, and technical ecology.
- Make appropriate design choices based on system, service, and business process needs.
- Analyze social, legal, ethical, and professional issues in business and technical decision making.
- Employ best communication practices with business partners, users, customers, and third-party providers.
- Use sound evaluation practices to select appropriately among competing technologies and technical approaches.
- Manage business processes through analysis, design, and optimization in response to organizational needs.
Corporations, government, nonprofits, and the entrepreneurial sectors continue to leverage technology to improve organizational processes for maximum effectiveness. Professionals with advanced technology training and business management skills continue to be in high demand to meet the needs of these growing organizations.
A Growing Profession
According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, employment opportunities are projected to increase through 2022:*
- Computer and information systems managers are the fastest-growing careers within systems design and software publishing firms, data processing and hosting companies, and healthcare organizations, with an expected growth rate of 15%. Among these managers, those with specialized technical knowledge, strong communications, and business skills will have the best employment prospects.
- The need for network and computer systems administrators is expected to increase by 12%.
- Computer security experts will fill key leadership roles as demands for cybersecurity increase.
A Range of Career Options
The Master of Information Systems Management program can help prepare you for management or senior-level positions in these areas:
- Information systems strategy
- Applications development
- Business consulting
- Data administration
- Quality assurance
- Internet and e-commerce
- Software development
- Technical services
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2014-15 Edition, Computer and Information Systems Managers, on the Internet at http://www.bls.gov/ooh/management/computer-and-information-systems-managers.htm. (Viewed online July 23, 2014.)
National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education
Walden has been recognized as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
*To receive the Graduate Certificate in Information Systems, you must satisfactorily complete ITEC 6111, ITEC 6115, ITEC 6140, and ITEC 6030 and apply for the certificate, which is awarded at no additional cost.