Help shape the healthcare industry and lead it into the 21st century and beyond. Among all the leadership roles in healthcare, a nurse manager has the most direct impact on the care and service that patients and families receive throughout their healthcare experience. In Walden’s Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing Leadership and Management program, you can leverage your knowledge and experience to gain the advanced competencies needed to move into a leadership position.
Prepare to help ensure the delivery of safe, effective healthcare through coursework designed to hone skills in coaching, motivating, and leading a professional team while developing administrative expertise and decision-making skills in the areas of quality assurance and effective oversight of organizational resources. Optional fieldwork experience also provides an opportunity to apply your learning in a real-world environment.
The American Organization of Nurse Executives (AONE*) believes that nurse managers at all levels must be competent in the following five attributes:
- Communication and relationship-building, including influencing behaviors and supporting diversity.
- Superior knowledge of the complex and ever-changing healthcare environment, including clinical practice, delivery models, healthcare economics, policy, governance, evidence-based practice, safety, risk management, and quality improvement.
- Leadership, including foundational and systems thinking, succession planning, and change management.
- Professionalism, including professional and personal accountability, career planning, ethics, and advocacy.
- Business skills, including marketing and financial, human resource, strategic, and information management.
An Opportunity to Make a Difference
With upper-level management and leadership positions serving as the driving force in improving the future of healthcare, this Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing program can help you lead and shape the industry. For nurses with a master’s degree, earning a Post-Master’s Certificate in Nursing adds greater depth and value to your portfolio and increases your level of professional respect and recognition.
Make a difference by developing in-demand skills in the areas of leadership and management. By completing this program, you can bring a much sought-after skill set to your organization. Gain knowledge of workforce development, resource alignment, and technology integration in order to maintain and improve patient care.
- 26 total quarter credits
- Optional practicum (5 cr.)
This sequence represents the minimum credits to completion. Credits to completion will vary by student, depending on individual progress and credits transferred, if applicable. For a personalized estimate, call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336.