The need for strong leadership across all sectors has never been greater, and the nature of leadership in the 21st century is changing.
Organizations are demanding authentic leaders who can generate trust, empower others, and find innovative answers to today’s problems and challenges.
When you earn a master’s in leadership online at Walden, you can gain the knowledge required to become a globally competent and ethical leader. This master’s degree in leadership is designed to help leaders build the necessary knowledge base and skills to meet the ever-evolving challenges of a complex world. The content and activities encompassed in the leadership degree program help prepare leaders to seek and find innovative answers to novel problems and challenges, deploy effective strategies to facilitate change and manage conflict, and inspire individuals to work together toward a shared vision for a better future. Moreover, Walden’s online master’s in leadership program helps prepare students to create positive change through effective leadership.
With four optional specializations, you can deepen your leadership and human resource management skills or design your own specialization to meet your professional goals.
Embedded Graduate-Level Certificate
Receive a graduate-level certificate after successfully completing the first four courses in the program, giving you a valuable credential while you work toward completing your MS in Leadership.
Graduates of this program will be prepared to:
- Apply leadership principles utilized to foster positive transformation of individuals and organizations.
- Effectively utilize communication strategies appropriate to intended audience.
- Assess relationship-building strategies used by leaders.
- Evaluate holistic problem solving strategies that leaders use in complex environments.
- Utilize effective self-reflection skills in order to continue a lifelong evaluation of personal leadership values, strengths, and goals.
- Appraise techniques leaders facilitate effective collaboration necessary to lead others toward a common goal.
- Evaluate appropriate social change leadership strategies.
Accelerated Path to a Doctoral Degree
When you complete your online master’s in leadership, you may be able to receive credit for four courses when enrolling in the Doctor of Business Administration (DBA) program, which can save you time and money. Call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336 to determine eligibility and learn more.
Find detailed information for the general specialization of this program, or all other specializations of this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt. At the master’s level, Walden University’s Master of Business Administration (MBA) and MS in Accounting are the only programs accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP). The MS in Leadership is not accredited by the ACBSP. Please visit our accreditation page to see the list of Walden accreditations.