With an MS in Human and Social Services from Walden, you develop the professional skills and global perspective to make a positive difference in the lives of your clients.
You are committed to improving the quality of life for others, and we are committed to helping you reach your goals. Whether your work focuses on conflict management, mental health, crisis intervention, or other community needs, you can prepare to make an even greater impact by earning your MS in Human and Social Services with Walden.
This online master’s in human and social services focuses on building your effectiveness and professional skills in your chosen area of practice within a global context. As a student of the program, you will develop a holistic, interprofessional perspective that better equips you to help individuals, families, and organizations navigate social services in your community.
This master’s in Human and Social Services features:
- 12 career-aligned specializations that allow you to focus your learning on your own career path and goals.
- Scholar-practitioner faculty members who are active experts in the field of human and social services. The curriculum includes a custom eBook of case studies compiled by Walden faculty and alumni, giving you relevant examples that directly apply to your coursework.
- An international perspective that broadens your understanding of the field across the world. The program includes core courses that incorporate global content and case studies and an optional Global Social Services specialization.
- An Interactive Learning Community, a unique learning experience that brings concepts to life through simulations and animated case studies.
- A professionally-focused curriculum that improves your effectiveness on the job, including a grant-writing course, interprofessional practice, and the development of an e-portfolio to showcase your skills and help you plan your career path.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
Note on Licensure: The MS in Human and Social Services program, including its specializations, is not designed to lead to professional licensure including licensure as a professional therapist, counselor, social worker, or psychologist.