To show our appreciation for the positive difference you make as a nurse, Walden University has established the Nursing Excellence Scholarship program. This program recognizes registered nurses who are making a positive difference in the lives of their patients, their organizations, and the future of nursing.
The Nursing Excellence Scholarships awards a full-tuition† and two $10,000† scholarships for each of the following programs:
Recipients of the Nursing Excellence Scholarship must:
- Be a new student enrolling in a Walden University program or who started no earlier than the January 11, 2016. Have not received another merit-based Walden scholarship.
- Have not received another merit-based Walden scholarship.
- Not be employed by Laureate Education Inc. or any of its subsidiaries.
- Meet all admission requirements with the university in receipt of all of the applicant’s official documentation and be fully admitted into the eligible program.
- Affirm that they are willing and able to participate in all publicity efforts promoting Walden University and its programs.
Scholarship Criteria and Application Process
- Call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336 to receive an official scholarship application form.
- Submit an essay of no more than 1,000 words describing how your education, experience, and future plans qualify you for this scholarship. Please address all eligibility criteria noted in the scholarship description and provide specific examples.
- Submit a current copy of their resume or CV.
All required information must be provided in order for a nomination to be considered. Applicants may be contacted by phone to confirm the authenticity of information submitted.
Deadline and Start Dates
This scholarship will have an application deadline of May 30 2016.
- Winners will be announced in Mid-August 2016.
- Scholarship winners if not already enrolled in 2016, must enroll and start classes for one of the next two start dates between August 2016 and March 2017 or the scholarship will be forfeited
Scholarship Selection Process
A scholarship committee comprising members of Walden University will review the nominations and all submitted application materials and select the scholarship recipients.
Scholarship Announcements and Publicity
Individuals who receive a scholarship must affirm that they are willing and able to participate in all publicity efforts promoting the program by signing a release form that allows Walden University to use the individual’s participation in the program for publicity purposes. Such publicity may include news releases and media advisories, local and national media coverage, media interviews and photos, inclusion on the Walden website and other similar public relations activities. All such materials remain the sole and exclusive property of Walden University.
Full scholarships will be dispersed to cover up to the costs of tuition over the life of the enrolled program starting as soon as the August 29 term start. Other (non-full tuition) scholarship funds will be disbursed over 5 terms beginning in the student’s first term after being awarded the scholarship the full amount has been awarded. Students will not receive cash back at any time. For funds to be disbursed, the student’s records with the Office of Admissions must be complete, including the student’s official transcript. At any given time, if a scholarship disbursement exceeds the cost of tuition, funds will be disbursed in the amount up to the tuition cost.
Students who withdraw from the program or university or change to another degree program are not eligible for this scholarship and will forfeit the scholarship. Should the scholarship be forfeited, students need not reimburse Walden for funds already disbursed to them. In order for scholarship funding to continue until the award is depleted, recipients must meet the satisfactory academic progress criteria set forth by Walden University’s current catalog for the duration of their program. If a student is in a new semester and forfeited in the previous semester (due to internal lag time), the student will receive a revised bill for the prior semester, in which the scholarship was received.
All recipients who enroll in a Walden program are responsible for the technology fee each term as well. Recipients are responsible for all other non-tuition costs including but not limited to residency travel and other university or program fees as applicable.
This scholarship can be combined with one of the following:
- a limited time savings reduction
- a partnership discount
- a standard tuition reduction
Only one scholarship award can be applied to a student’s tuition.
This scholarship is not managed by Walden University’s Office of Financial Aid. Please call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336 for more information.
†Some restrictions apply. See scholarship eligibility and funding for more information.