The Fellowship in Research and Applications for Social Change was established to enable members of the Walden community to make a significant and meaningful change in academic and social communities, both locally and globally.
This fellowship is administered by the Office of the President, not the Office of Financial Aid. For more information, email email@example.com.
The fellowship, up to $10,000, will be awarded to the applicant(s) who submit outstanding proposals reflective of the university’s mission and determination to uniquely effect positive social change worldwide.
Application Deadline: October 30
Award Announced: December 1
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled Walden doctoral or master’s student or currently hold an appointment as a faculty member at Walden (for at least two years).
- Applicant must not have received a Walden research fellowship in the last five years.
- Applicant must commit to participate in Walden-sponsored forums to facilitate positive social change expansion.
- Research generates new knowledge to improve social conditions
- Demonstrates potential for long-term application of knowledge leading to positive change for people, organizations, communities, or society
- Reflects theoretically sound and evidence-based research and/or application of research and provides a credible plan for evaluating study/intervention outcomes
- Application shows evidence of collaboration or willingness to collaborate with other faculty or students as appropriate
- Application demonstrates an effective plan for dissemination of the knowledge acquired
- Applicant models lifelong learning by being civically engaged as a researcher and practitioner impacting social change
- Application ensures efficient and effective use of resources
Download application requirements (PDF). Questions and application materials must be submitted electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org.