Explore Our Online PsyD Program in Behavioral Health Leadership
Gain the leadership and cross-disciplinary skills to manage and improve the delivery of integrated mental and behavioral healthcare with an online PsyD in Behavioral Health Leadership from Walden University.
Today’s healthcare system demands behavioral health leaders who can manage the delivery of quality behavioral health and mental health services in an increasingly integrated care setting. This professional doctoral program in leadership can prepare you to meet this need. In this non-licensure program, you can gain cross-disciplinary knowledge, business and management skills, and practical experience that can be used to help shape the rapidly changing integrated healthcare landscape.
Why Earn Your Online PsyD in Behavioral Health Leadership From Walden?
- Applicable to the workplace: The program is designed for, but not limited to, licensed and practicing behavioral health professionals—including counselors, therapists, social workers, nurses, and behavioral health agency administrators—who want to gain skills in leadership and management, financial management and procurement, instruction and training, entrepreneurship, and program evaluation.
- Six optional specializations: You can take an additional three courses to earn an optional specialization and enhance your expertise in an area of the field that interests you.
- Two residencies: The in-person consulting skills intensive retreat provides hands-on practice, while the virtual doctoral project residency will help you with your capstone course.
- Interactive case studies: Interactive learning tools allow you to apply your new skills to real-life problems and issues.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared to:
- Articulate the foundation of behavioral health leadership and how the specialty is unique.
Develop a theoretically and empirically anchored personal orientation to the practice of
behavioral health leadership.
Produce an independent, applied practice-based project exploring a behavioral health practice issue or problem.
Assess behavioral health behavior in broad cultural, social, political, and/or economic contexts.
Evaluate the delivery of psychological services of behavioral health programs for diverse populations.
Develop leadership skills for the management of mental health delivery systems.
- Evaluate relevant ethical principles in managing products and delivery of services in behavioral health work settings.
Describe how legal and regulatory policies in behavioral healthcare impact individuals,
communities, and society.
Promote positive social change through evidence-based behavioral health leadership practices.
Demonstrate the ability to apply principles of behavioral health leadership in diverse mental health delivery settings.
The PsyD in Behavioral Health Leadership program can prepare you with the professional skills to pursue a leadership or management position in a public or private organization, or to start your own organization. Potential career settings include group homes, healthcare agencies, hospitals, nonprofit organizations, and social service agencies. Your career options may include a variety of roles, such as:*
- Behavioral health leader
- Behavioral health manager
- Project manager
- Research manager
- Consultant/business owner
*Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this program.
Note on Licensure: The PsyD in Behavioral Health Leadership is not a licensure program and does not prepare an individual to become a licensed psychology professional.
Find detailed information for the general specialization of this program, or all other specializations of this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.