High-quality, accessible healthcare is a national priority.
Discover how to evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare policy, broaden your knowledge of healthcare ethics and law, and engage in scientific inquiry to advance research and practice in health services. With this online PhD in Health Services degree, you can also prepare to meet the challenges of today’s healthcare system and lead and inform dialogue about key health services issues—meaning you’ll be equipped with the tools you need to create positive social change as you change your world and the world of those around you.
Graduates of the health services PhD program will be prepared to:
- Accurately evaluate the efficiency and effectiveness of healthcare policy in a dynamic healthcare environment.
- Lead and inform the professional dialogue on key health services issues.
- Design, conduct, and analyze studies of economic evaluation in healthcare.
- Apply critical-thinking skills to the analysis of controversial issues and conflicting perspectives associated with healthcare ethics and law.
- Identify and mobilize human and institutional resources and services to meet the health services needs of diverse communities and populations.
- Engage in scientific inquiry that advances the knowledge base of research and practice in health services.
Additional Learning Outcomes for the Community Health Specialization
- Demonstrate an understanding of global community health education programs, strategies, and campaigns.
Additional Learning Outcomes for the Healthcare Administration Specialization
- Demonstrate effective approaches to leadership, strategic planning, governance, and public policy needed in health services.
Additional Learning Outcomes for the Leadership Specialization
- Analyze leadership theories, concepts, and tools that provide the foundation for health services decision making.
Additional Learning Outcomes for the Public Health Policy Specialization
- Design, implement, and evaluate public health policy.
Save Time and Money on Your Degree
- You can automatically reduce your required PhD in Health Services credits and coursework if you have completed your Master of Healthcare Administration or equivalent. Reducing required credits in your program will make your education more affordable.
- You can also complete your required PhD in Health Services coursework sooner by transferring your applicable credits.
Find detailed information for this program including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt. This information will vary depending on whether you (1) hold a master's degree other than a MHA or (2) hold a MHA.