Explore Our Online PhD in Forensic Psychology Program
Our online forensic psychology program can help you develop deeper insight into the nexus between psychology and the criminal justice system, explore mental health issues that may drive criminal behavior, and prepare you to make a social impact as a researcher, teacher, or consultant.
In Walden’s online PhD in Forensic Psychology program, you will explore the systems and programs that strive to create positive change in the legal system and community settings. Broaden your understanding of advanced forensic psychology and examine ways to evaluate programs designed for populations such as the incarcerated, recently released offenders, the mentally ill, and juvenile offenders.
Why Earn Your PhD in Forensic Psychology From Walden?
- Automatically waive six courses if you have earned a master’s degree in a related field*, shortening you journey to a PhD.
- Gain a competitive advantage through specialized coursework that is focused on forensic psychology.
- Choose from the General Program or six specializations—including two self-designed options—to align your studies with your specific career goals.
- Learn from subject matter experts and delve into real case studies. Walden’s faculty includes renowned forensic psychologists and other thought leaders in this exciting and diverse field.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared to:
- Evaluate behavior using psychological theory and research from a forensic psychology perspective.
- Analyze seminal works in forensic psychology in terms of their relation to education and/or research.
- Differentiate between advanced legal concepts pertaining to forensic psychology.
- Integrate principles of advanced research methods to produce independent scholarly research related to forensic psychology.
- Evaluate how assessment elements (psychological assessment, risk assessment, psychological reports) are used within forensic psychology settings.
- Engage in decision-making using relevant ethical codes (e.g., APA and Specialty Guidelines for Forensic Psychologists) in forensic work settings.
- Promote social change through the integration of principles of forensic psychology in scholarly and/or professional activities.
Save Time and Money on Your Degree
The ability to transfer credit at Walden can give you a more seamless, effective, and cost-efficient way to continue your education. Complete your required coursework sooner by transferring applicable required graduate credits into a Walden degree program.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
Note on Licensure:
The PhD in Forensic Psychology is not a licensure program and does not prepare an individual to become a licensed psychology professional.
*Master’s Degree in Forensic Psychology