Gain the knowledge to impact the future of healthcare. Walden’s online Doctor of Healthcare Administration (DHA) can prepare you to be a visionary leader and social change agent in today’s dynamic healthcare environment.
The healthcare industry is undergoing a radical transformation—from the implementation of the Affordable Care Act to new insurance regulations to evolving medical service delivery models. Employers will expect tomorrow’s healthcare leaders to effectively deliver the highest caliber of care at the lowest possible cost.
One of a small numbers of universities offering a fully online DHA program, Walden’s innovative DHA program is designed to prepare you with the holistic knowledge and advanced business strategies needed to manage the healthcare delivery demands of your organization and the communities it serves.
Through a multidisciplinary curriculum that blends theory with research, you can learn how to become an effective healthcare leader and problem solver. Attend enriching, face-to-face residencies that prepare you for each phase of your program.
Some of the leadership skills you will gain include:
- Effectively using communication and public relations knowledge.
- Adopting data-driven approaches for executive-level decision making.
- Executing practice-based research.
As a leader in healthcare education, Walden University is dedicated to meeting the needs of our students, the healthcare industry, and employers. Earning your online DHA from Walden can position you to attain a new level of credibility and recognition in your field, advance into executive roles, and improve the healthcare experience for providers as well as patients.
As a graduate of this program, you will be prepared to:
- Demonstrate evidence-based leadership approaches in changing healthcare environments.
- Engage in scientific inquiry to advance research and practice in complex healthcare systems.
- Critically evaluate the interdisciplinary role of stakeholders in healthcare administration strategies.
- Demonstrate data-driven decision making in healthcare-setting financial management, strategic planning, economic analysis, and quality assessment.
- Apply ethical and legal principles to healthcare administration practice and communication.
- Implement culturally responsive decisions in healthcare administration.
- Assess risk management in healthcare settings using scientifically validated principles.
- Promote positive social change through health management and systems thinking.
Save Time and Money on Your Degree
- You can automatically reduce your required Doctor of Healthcare Administration credits and coursework if you have completed your Master of Healthcare Administration. Reducing required credits in your program will make your education more affordable.
- You can also complete your required Doctor of Healthcare Administration coursework sooner by transferring your applicable credits.
Find detailed information for this program including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt. This information will vary depending on whether you (1) hold a MHA or (2) hold a master's degree other than MHA.