The Information Assurance Courseware Evaluation (IACE) program of the National Security Agency (NSA) has validated that Walden University’s information security courseware meets all elements of the Committee on National Security Systems (CNSS) National Training Standards for Information Systems Security Professionals (NSTISSI No. 4011) and System Administrators (NCSS No. 4013, Entry Level).
This nationally recognized certification indicates that students completing these courses will possess:
- A working knowledge of INFOSEC principles and practices.
- An understanding of the threats and vulnerabilities of national security information systems.
- The ability to design, execute, or evaluate INFOSEC security procedures and practices.
- Knowledge of how to describe and apply the appropriate actions to manage and administer information systems in a secure manner.
Students can also participate in the NSA DAY OF CYBER. This is an interactive, self-guided and fully automated cybersecurity career experience and is free for all students for one year. Students will be able to:
- Learn more about careers and roles of cyber security professionals
- See what “a day in the life” is like for six NSA Cyber leaders
- Create a cyber-security resume
- Apply for internships and careers
View Walden’s IACE certification letter or learn more about NSA/CNSS certification standards.