We live in challenging times. From political unrest and natural disasters to unemployment and homelessness, the difficulties and demands of these situations affect individuals and families in countries around the world.
With an online BS in Human Services degree from Walden, you can become an advocate for the individuals and communities that are facing such issues and help change their world.
By studying the latest theories and principles of conflict management and resolution, you can explore ways to remedy and prevent individual and social issues. Our online bachelor’s in human services degree program can help you gain practical skills in case management, crisis and trauma response, advocacy, and community collaboration.
With these skills, you can prepare to work as a mental health aide, child advocate, or parole officer in a variety of settings, including group homes, family agencies, and rehabilitation centers.*
This online human services degree program prepares graduates to:
- Articulate historical and current issues that have shaped the development of the human services profession.
- Articulate the role that human services professionals play in working with individuals, communities, and families in need.
- Identify strategies to address marginalization and social stratification for diverse communities in support of social change initiatives.
- Advocate client needs across a variety of social domains.
- Utilize knowledge of formal and informal networks in the human services delivery systems.
- Apply appropriate models for addressing crisis-related problems in the lives of clients.
- Apply legal and ethical standards in providing client services and maintaining client records.
- Evaluate service delivery and program effectiveness.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
*Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this degree program.