Outstanding Alumni Award
Since 2001, Walden has recognized the achievements of our graduates through the Outstanding Alumni Award. This honor is given each year to one alum who exemplifies Walden’s mission to effect positive social change through contributions to his or her profession, discipline, or community.
Meet Our Award Winners
2004: Dr. Freida Pemberton
2003: Dr. Michael Wanko
2002: Dr. Craig Swenson
2001: Dr. Joy Erlichman Miller
Nominate a Graduate
Faculty, alumni, and students can nominate an alum who they believe best exemplifies Walden’s mission for the Outstanding Alumni Award by submitting the following:
- Online nomination form
- 500-word essay describing how the nominee has used his or her degree to make exceptional contributions to a profession, discipline, or community since graduation
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume, not to exceed 5 pages
- Supporting videos, photos, or online images compiled in one Word document, not to exceed 1 page
To be eligible to win the Outstanding Alumni Award, nominees must:
- Have earned a degree from Walden University.
- Be available to attend the awards ceremony on July 15 in National Harbor, Maryland.
- Be a first-time recipient.
Nominations are open each spring.
To nominate for the 2016 Outstanding Alumni Award, please submit all required materials at www.myWaldenAlumni.com/OAANomination.