Since 2001, Walden has recognized the achievements of our graduates through the Outstanding Alumni Award. This honor is given each year to one alum who exemplifies Walden’s mission to effect positive social change through contributions to his or her profession, discipline, or community.
Meet Our Award Winners
2003: Dr. Michael Wanko
2002: Dr. Craig Swenson
2001: Dr. Joy Erlichman Miller
Nominate a Graduate
Thank you for your interest in the Outstanding Alumni Award. The nominations cycle for the 2018 award ended on April 30, 2018. The winner will be announced this summer in conjunction with our commencement ceremony.
It’s not too early to start thinking about the 2019 Outstanding Alumni Award. Faculty, alumni, and students can nominate an alum who they believe best exemplifies Walden’s mission for the Outstanding Alumni Award. All nominations for the award must include:
- The online nomination form (to open in early 2019)
- A 500-word essay describing how the nominee has used his or her degree to make exceptional contributions to a profession, discipline, or community since graduation
- The nominee’s curriculum vitae or resume, not to exceed 5 pages
- Supporting videos, photos, or online images compiled in one Word document, not to exceed 1 page
To be eligible to win the Outstanding Alumni Award, nominees must:
- Have earned a degree from Walden University.
- Be available to attend the awards ceremony at the summer commencement weekend.
- Be nominated by someone other than himself or herself.
- Be a first-time recipient.
Nominations for the 2018 Outstanding Alumni Award are now closed. Thank you to all who submitted nominations! The winner will be announced this summer. Nominations for next year’s award will open in early 2019.