Walden University Students to Attend the World Business Forum in New York City
Posted on September 30, 2013
Minneapolis—September 30, 2013—Eight doctoral and master’s students from Walden University’s School of Management have been selected to attend the 2013 World Business Forum Oct. 1–2 in New York City at Radio City Music Hall. Walden’s students will hear global leaders in government, business and economics discuss the latest business trends and the biggest challenges in today’s global marketplace.Walden is a sponsor of the 2013 World Business Forum.
“The World Business Forum is a premier international event showcasing global innovation, knowledge and leadership. We are proud to be a sponsor of this year’s World Business Forum, and to be represented by these eight outstanding management students,” said Dr. L. Ward Ulmer, associate dean of the College of Management and Technology.
The Walden students attending are:
- Pamela Gallagher, Doctor of Business Administration (DBA), senior vice president and chief financial officer, Providence Hospitals, from Columbia, S.C.
- Melissa Graham, Executive Master of Business Administration (EMBA), medical surgical account executive, Ecolab, from Shrewsbury, Mass.
- Julio Hernandez, EMBA, president and registered tax accountant, Tax & Notary Services Inc., from Kissimmee, Fla.
- Tina Manning, EMBA, fashion design executive and creative director, AB Studio, from Dallas.
- James Minder, MS in Accounting, insurance company examination manager, Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, from New Cumberland, Pa.
- Kelly R. Nolan, Master of Business Administration (MBA), director of business administration, Salvation Army College for Officer Training, Rancho Palos Verdes, Calif.
- Gregory Hood, PhD in Management, performance management branch chief, U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Diplomatic Security, Office of the Chief Technology Officer, from Arlington, Va.
- Timera Washington, MS in Leadership, owner, Dezyre’ Interior & Exterior, from Albany, Ga.
All Walden students and alumni will also have access to the two-day event through a live broadcast to students of 33 Laureate International Universities (LIU) institutions in 21 countries. Walden is a leading online university in the LIU network.
“With a specialization in Leadership in my degree program, the World Business Forum was an opportunity of a lifetime for me. It was very inspiring and life-changing from both a business and leadership perspective,” said Derrick Haywood, a DBA
student from Duluth, Ga., and one of the Walden students selected last year to attend the World Business Forum.
Among the world-renowned speakers presenting at the World Business Forum are: Gordon Brown, former prime minister of the United Kingdom; Jeb Bush, former governor of Florida; Steve Levitt, co-author of Freakonomics; Denise Morrison, president and CEO of Campbell Soup Company; Sam Palmisano, former president and CEO of IBM; and Jack Welch, former chairman and CEO of General Electric.
To learn more about Walden University’s School of Management and its degree programs, visit www.WaldenU.edu/management.
About Walden University
For more than 40 years, Walden University has supported working professionals in achieving their academic goals and making a greater impact in their professions and their communities. Today, more than 50,000 students from all 50 states and more than 145 countries are pursuing their bachelor’s, master’s or doctoral degrees online at Walden. The university provides students with an engaging educational experience that connects them with expert faculty and peers around the world. Walden is the flagship online university in the Laureate International Universities network—a global network of more than 72 campus-based and online universities in 30 countries.
Walden offers more than 75 degree programs with more than 385 specializations and concentrations. Areas of study include health sciences, counseling, human services, management, psychology, education, public health, nursing, public administration and information technology. For more information, visit www.WaldenU.edu. Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.ncahlc.org.