Minneapolis—May 11, 2009—As part of a shared commitment to developing leaders for a sustainable global society, Walden University’s College of Management and Technology and the Aspen Institute’s Center for Business Education (CBE), have joined together to present a series of free webinars, Business and Society: A Web Conference Series. These online forums will feature leaders from top corporations, academic institutions and non-governmental organizations, discussing practical approaches for bringing about positive social change.
“Walden is proud to partner with the Aspen Institute to host prominent speakers who will share their expertise on numerous issues impacting business today, including corporate social responsibility, sustainability and social entrepreneurship. The broad access to new ideas and information provided by this webinar series will help inform and prepare new leaders of sustainable organizations and communities,” said Dr. Ahmed Naumaan, associate dean of the NTU School of Engineering and Applied Science at Walden University and host of the first webinar in the series.
”We’re pleased to partner with Walden University to bring to the forefront business and societal issues as well as the innovative ideas that these speakers have to offer to a new audience,” said Rich Leimsider, director of the Aspen Institute’s Center for Business Education.
The webinar series premieres on Tuesday, May 19, at noon Eastern time with “Corporate Social Responsibility and the Information Technology Sector,” featuring the following guest speakers:
- Dan Bross, senior director of corporate citizenship at Microsoft, is part of the company’s corporate citizenship effort that incorporates Microsoft’s business investments with the goal of significantly broadening the reach of technology in underserved communities.
- Michael D. Gordon, the Arthur F. Thurnau Professor of Business Information Technology at the Ross School of Business at University of Michigan, researches the relationship between information technology and social responsibility.
Upcoming webinars in the Business and Society: A Web Conference Series include:
- “Environmental Responsibility and the Major Multinational Corporation” on July 28 at 1 p.m. Eastern time
- “Social Impact Management Trends in MBA Education” on Aug. 25 at noon Eastern time
- “Investing to Create Value for Society: Socially Responsible Investment and New Forms of Governance,” on Nov. 3 at noon Eastern time
Walden University’s College of Management and Technology also offers three types of online events throughout the year. These presentations provide an in-depth look at the college’s program offerings and an opportunity to learn from the insights of Walden’s expert faculty members and guests:
- The Social Impact Speakers Series and Faculty Forums feature industry leaders and faculty members discussing issues such as leadership, innovation, sustainability, ethics, energy-efficient computing, information systems consulting and more.
- The college’s virtual Open Houses provide in-depth information about the university’s new programs as well as ongoing program offerings.
For more information about degree programs offered in the College of Management and Technology, go to www.WaldenU.edu.
About Walden University
Since 1970, Walden University has offered working professionals the opportunity to earn advanced degrees through distance learning. Today, this comprehensive, accredited online university offers master’s and doctoral degrees in education, psychology, management, public policy and administration, and health and human services, as well as master’s programs in engineering and IT and bachelor’s programs in business administration, psychology, child development, computer information systems, interdisciplinary studies, instructional design and technology, nursing, communication and criminal justice. Walden University is the flagship online university in Laureate International Universities—a global network of accredited campus-based and online universities. For more information, visit www.WaldenU.edu.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.hlcommission.org.
About the Aspen Institute’s Center for Business Education
The Aspen Institute’s Center for Business Education (CBE) equips business leaders for the 21st century with the vision and knowledge to integrate corporate profitability and social value. As part of the Aspen Institute Business and Society Program (BSP), CBE maintains close ties with over 150 M.B.A. programs in 28 countries. Our Web sites draw over 100,000 visits monthly and our events and networks attract over 1,000 participants each year. Through our faculty networks, we connect faculty innovators to develop new curricula and emerging research agendas. Through our teaching resources, we create and disseminate cutting-edge curricula. Through our awards programs we celebrate excellence among leading faculty and business schools. For more information, please visit www.aspencbe.org.