College of Management and Technology
Russell W. Darnall, Lead Faculty, Masters in Project Management Walden University
• Doctorate in Management , Master’s Degree in Project Management
• Certified Professional in Project Management (PMP)
• Fifteen years project management experience in large complex projects. Includes various project leadership roles on projects in United States, Canada, Ireland, India, Puerto Rico, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, and Chile.
• Additional Work Experience
2009 – 2011 Director of Sustainability, Trident Technical College, Charleston SC
2002 – 2009 Vice President, Economic Development, South Carolina Technical College System
1987 – 2002, various Operations and Project Management at Fluor Corporation.
1978 – 1986, CEO of Cherokee Children’s Home, Cherokee Indian Reservation, NC
• Keynote Speaker at Project Management Conferences in the USA, Latin America and Europe
• Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK) reviewer, 1996 and 2013 editions.
South Carolina Economic Developers Association
Advance South Carolina, A Duke Energy Education and Economic Development Endowment
South Carolina Manufactures Association, Shingo Award
National Science Foundation Grant, Hydrogen Workforce Development 2008
Project Management Institute, Body of Knowledge 1996, 2013, 2016
PMI Research Proposal Reviewer 2012, 2015
Industry Week Magazine, December 1995, Industry’s Unsung Heroes.
Beta Gamma Sigma
Project Management From Simple To Complex, with John Preston, March, 2018, Flatworld Knowledge Publishing, http://www.flatworldknowledge.com/
The World’s Greatest Project, ISBN 1-880410-46-X, October 1996, Published by Project Management Institute Publications, Newton Square, Pennsylvania 19703-4647
Achieving Total Quality on Projects, ISBN 1-880410-35-4,1-880410-36-2 August 1994 Published by Project Management Institute Publications, Newton Square, Pennsylvania 19703
International Project Management Conference, Warsaw, Poland, Keynote Speaker, October 2008
South Carolina Economic Development Annual Conference; Keynote Speaker, October 2007.
International Conference on Project Management, Gdansk, Poland. Key Note Speaker, October 14 - 18, 2002
Presentation at II Encuentro National de Profesionales de Project Management,
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile, Key Note Address
“The People Side of Project Management” November 1996