Richard W. Riley College of Education and Leadership
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• 27 years of experience in the post secondary, early education and youth programs training field at multiple levels
• 9 years of experience teaching at the high school and elementary levels (Pre-Kindergarten to 12th grade)
• Over 13 years of experience teaching early childhood and youth training courses at both the undergraduate and graduate levels
Extensive experience in developing, delivering, and overseeing various early childhood training curriculum and programs (newborn to 8 years)
• 3 years of experience validating accuracy of Early Childhood programs at both government and private daycare facilities
• 2 years serving as a CDA (Child Development Associate) Professional Development Specialist
• Ph.D.2017 Early Childhood Education: Northcentral University; San Diego, CA
• Masters Science, 1989 Elementary Education: Mississippi State University; Mississippi State, MS
• Bachelor Science, 1988 Elementary Education : Mississippi State University; Mississippi State, MS
Dr. Althea Jordan, earned her Ph.D. degree in Early Childhood Education from NorthCentral University and both her Bachelor’s and Master’s Degree in Elementary Education in from Mississippi State University.
Since 2012 Dr. Althea Jordan has served as a Walden University online contributing faculty member teaching courses in their reading certification and teacher leadership program. Dr. Jordan has also served in the past as a teacher candidate supervisor for students earning their Bachelor of Science degree in Early Childhood Education, with Walden University.
In 2010, Dr. Jordan successfully wrote and submitted a government contract with Air Force Academy Community Church and served as their children’s coordinator. Her responsibility included recruiting volunteers, curriculum, and budget.
Dr. Althea Jordan has taught at the community college level in the early childhood education program as both on campus and on site instructor. Dr. Jordan's public school teaching experience include PreKindergarten-3rd and 9th-12th grade.
Dr. Jordan, has had past experience working as a training and curriculum specialist with the Department of Defense, overseeing staff training according to Air Force Regulation guidelines. Some of Dr. Jordan's greatest accomplishments during her time as a training and curriculum specialist include, writing and establishing the youth summer program policies and guidelines, overseeing the budget and staff. Secondly, Dr. Jordan had the opportunity to work with the local community college to get the required air force training materials turned into college courses that allowed staff to earn college credit after completion
Dr. Althea Jordan's volunteer experience includes serving as a reading tutor , vacation Bible School Preschool Director, a CDA(Child Development Associate) PDS (Professional Development Specialist) with the Council that oversee , child care staff earning their CDA credential.