Walden University and the online institutions in the Laureate International Universities network joined together to observe International Women's Day by hosting a live webinar. The webinar featured faculty members from several institutions who recognized the achievements of women around the world who are leaders in their fields and committed to transforming international business.
- Dr. Kathleen Simmons, program director, School of Management, Walden University, discussing Rear Adm. Grace Murray Hopper
- Dr. Gladys Ato, provost, The National Hispanic University, discussing Oprah Winfrey
- Mary Farmer, director of online programs, Glion Institute of Higher Education, discussing Christine Lagarde
- Professor Elaine Harris, director of the Business School, University of Roehampton, discussing Sarah Phillips
- Dr. Helen O’Sullivan, director of the Centre for Excellence in Evidence-Based Learning and Teaching, University of Liverpool, discussing Dame Sally Davies
Panel members shared thought-provoking and inspiring perspectives of notable women who have played a role in changing the landscape of international business and helped pave the way for generations of future women leaders.
Watch the archived Webinar today.
International Women's Day is a global opportunity to recognize women of all cultural, ethnic, political, and economic backgrounds for the contributions and achievements they’ve made to their countries and their communities. It is an occasion for looking back on past struggles and accomplishments, and more important, for looking ahead to the dynamic possibilities and opportunities that the future holds.
About Laureate International Universities
Laureate International Universities is the world’s leading higher education provider. Laureate’s more than 80 universities educate over 950,000 students in 29 countries across the Americas, Europe, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. Laureate’s universities offer undergraduate, master’s and doctoral degree programs in fields such as architecture, business, engineering, hospitality management, law and medicine. William J. Clinton, the 42nd president of the United States, is Honorary Chancellor of the Laureate International Universities network. To learn more, visit www.laureate.net.