Exceptional students in Walden University’s School of Psychology are recognized for their honor, integrity, and academic achievement when they qualify to join Psi Chi, the International Honor Society in Psychology. Psi Chi was established to encourage, stimulate, and advance the science of psychology.
Walden University offers the only virtual Psi Chi chapter. Our unique chapter membership consists of national and international students who are completing their undergraduate and graduate education through distance learning. This results in a membership rich in resources, knowledge, and experience that is dedicated to making significant contributions to their communities and profession. Under the leadership of elected student officers and guidance from faculty advisor and co-faculty advisor, the chapter offers members the opportunity to:
- Build a sense of community.
- Participate in virtual and face-to-face social networking activities.
- Pursue leadership positions as chapter officer or committee chairperson.
- Qualify for scholarship and grant opportunities.
- Collaborate with other psychology professionals in research and attend conventions to present research.