Pursue your personal and professional goals with professional development opportunities offered in a flexible online learning environment through Walden’s School of Counseling and Social Service. As a non-degree-seeking student, you can focus on your individual interests with courses that focus on integrating research with your professional expertise.
Courses are available in:
- Alcohol and Drug Counseling
- Assessment and Appraisal of Individuals
- The Counseling Profession
- Counseling Techniques
- Counseling Theory and Practice
- Group Dynamics, Processing, and Counseling
- Human Growth and Development
- Lifestyle and Career Development
- Marriage and Family Therapy
- Professional, Legal, and Ethical Responsibilities
- Psychotherapy and Treatment of Mental Emotional Disorders
- Research and Evaluation
Some courses may satisfy requirements for earning or renewing a license, credential, or certification in a particular field. Please consult with the appropriate licensing body or agency, state body or agency, or school district to determine specific requirements before enrolling in a Walden course.
Walden offers many more courses for non-degree-seeking students. See a full listing.
If you would like to learn more about degree programs offered through the School of Counseling and Social Service, call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336 in the U.S. or you can view a list of international toll-free phone numbers. You can also request information online.