This scholarship will be awarded to an enrolled doctoral student in good academic standing who has been on active duty with a branch of the U.S. armed forces for a minimum of one year.
This scholarship is administered by the Office of the President, not the Office of Financial Aid. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The scholarship provides for an annual academic year tuition remission of $2,500, renewable annually with the condition that all eligibility requirements continue to be met.
Applications Due July 15, 2013
- Be enrolled in a doctoral program.
- Be on active duty with a branch of the U.S. armed forces for a minimum of 1 year.
- Have a dissertation committee chair.
- Not have received another merit-based Walden scholarship for the type of degree they are pursuing (i.e. doctorate).
The recipient must demonstrate that:
- The doctoral degree is a logical progression of person and professional development.
- The research component of the degree program relates to his or her professional obligations in the U.S. armed forces.
- The dissertation research will contribute directly to the enhancement of the mission of his or her service.
Applications must include:
- Position statement addressing
- The applicant’s commitment to service
- How the degree relates to his or her professional obligations in the U.S. armed forces
- How the dissertation research contributes to the mission of service in the armed forces
- Copy of dissertation prospectus
- Letter of support from faculty mentor
All application materials must include the applicant’s name, email address, telephone number, and program of interest. Incomplete applications will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
Questions and application materials must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.
Annually until graduated. The university must be in receipt of all of the applicant’s official documentation for scholarship funds to be disbursed. Receipt of this scholarship may reduce your loan eligibility and lessen your overall debt load.
|Do you want more information about financial aid?