This scholarship award is open to new students enrolling in an undergraduate program within the College of Management and Technology. Awarded to a student who demonstrates the potential to excel as a business leader, the scholarship covers 100% of all tuition for the duration of the recipient’s undergraduate career.*
The scholarship is named in honor of Todd Benson, former Laureate Education, Inc. board member, in recognition of his contributions to the growth, expansion, and success of Laureate Education.
New students enrolling in the following programs for a March 2, 2015 start date are eligible to apply:
The recipient of the Todd Benson Scholarship must:
- Be a new student not previously enrolled in a Walden University program.
- Be fully admitted into an undergraduate program within the College of Management and Technology, with the university in receipt of all of the applicant’s official documentation.
- Be reserved for the March 2, 2015, start date.
- Not have received another merit-based Walden scholarship.
Candidates will be evaluated on their:
- Academic track record
- Proposed contributions to the university, as indicated in his/her cover letter and/or essay
- Leadership potential, as evidenced by their resume, extracurricular activities, and letter of recommendation
Scholarship Application Process
- Complete the nomination form.
- Include a cover letter explaining his or her interest in and qualifications for the scholarship.
- Submit a 1-2 page essay on a topic reflecting his or her knowledge of and interest in business or information technology.
- Include a letter of recommendation from a teacher, mentor, or supervisor familiar with the applicant’s leadership skills.
- Submit a current résumé demonstrating:
- Evidence of academic and extracurricular activities focused on business and entrepreneurship, including clubs, social service organizations, etc.
- Potential to excel as a business leader.
- Include their high school transcript.
All materials listed above should be sent in one email with the candidate’s name and the name of the scholarship in the subject line to email@example.com by Jan. 30, 2015. Please note that email is the only allowable method of submission; faxes, mail, etc. will not be accepted.
The Todd Benson Scholarship is available to students admitted for March 2, 2015, start date.
A committee comprised of College of Management and Technology faculty will review applications and select the scholarship recipient.
The committee members will make the final selection of the scholarship recipient, and their choice is final. Award will be announced in February 2015.
Upon notification of the award, the candidate has five days to accept or reject the scholarship offer. In the case of rejection by the first-place candidate, the selection committee members may award the scholarship to the second-place candidate.
In order for scholarship funding to continue throughout the length of the program, recipients must meet the satisfactory academic progress criteria set forth by Walden University’s current catalog for the duration of their program. If the recipient defers to a later start date or changes to a program outside the College of Management and Technology, the scholarship is forfeited.
Scholarship funds will be applied to the student’s account approximately three to four weeks into each term.
Scholarship Announcements and Publicity
Individuals who receive the Todd Benson Scholarship must affirm that they are willing and able to participate in all publicity efforts promoting the program. Such publicity may include news releases and media advisories, local and national media coverage, media interviews and photos, and other similar public relations activities.
Individuals who participate must sign a release that allows Walden University to use the individual’s participation in the program for publicity purposes without limitation and states that all such materials remain the sole and exclusive property of Walden University.
Only one tuition-reduction benefit may be applied to tuition.
Employees and employee family members eligible for the Laureate Tuition Reduction Benefit are not eligible for this scholarship.
Recipients are responsible for all other non-tuition costs including but not limited to required course books/materials, the technology fee for each term, and other university or program fees as applicable.
|Do you want more information about financial aid?