Active Duty/Veteran Benefits
If you are currently serving in the U.S. military, or if you are a military veteran or an employee of the Department of Veterans Affairs, Walden offers a 10% tuition reduction.* Walden also honors the following education benefits for active-duty servicemembers, reservists, and veterans of the armed forces:
- The Montgomery GI Bill (MGIB) reimburses tuition costs through an educational assistance allowance.
- The Post-9/11 GI Bill applies direct funds to cover a portion of costs for tuition, fees, and books.
- Tuition Assistance gives a portion of funds to cover costs of tuition and fees. This program is sponsored by the specific branch of the military you serve.
- The Tuition Assistance Top-Up Program provides the remaining funds for tuition costs that are not covered under the Tuition Assistance program.
- The VA Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment Program offers benefits to veterans with service-connected disabilities.
- The Yellow Ribbon Enhancement Program covers tuition costs that have not been applied under the Post-9/11 GI Bill.†
*Only one tuition-reduction benefit may be applied to tuition.
†Program eligibility is determined by the U.S. military in accordance with program provisions.