The Research Fellowship in Distance Education provides funding to support research endeavors that contribute both theoretical and applied knowledge to the growing field of distance education. This program is designed to encourage research conducted in the name of the university and to continuously improve the distance-education programs at Walden through research.
Up to $10,000 to support the direct cost of research
Application Deadline: October 30
Award Announced: December 1
- Applicant must be a currently enrolled Walden student or currently hold an appointment as a faculty member at Walden (for at least two years).
- Applicant must not have received a Walden research fellowship in the last 5 years.
- Applicant must be currently active in teaching or student-related activities (not administrative).
- Applicant should hold an earned doctorate (preferred, but master’s will be considered).
- Applicant must not be currently engaged in other related research grants or fellowships.
- Applicant agrees not to engage in multiple related research projects during the period of the Walden fellowship.
- Reflects theoretically sound and evidence-based research
- Indicates that the research will contribute to distance-education pedagogy
- Shows evidence of collaboration or willingness to collaborate with other Walden University colleges or schools as appropriate
Download application requirements (PDF). Questions and application materials must be submitted electronically to email@example.com.