Strengthen the Scholar in You
As a Walden student, you’ll have access to a wide range of online services and the advice of trained research staff. Whether you’re looking for an article to supplement your required reading or conducting scholarly research for your capstone or dissertation, our library and Center for Research Quality can assist you.
Our library offers access to more than 50,000 full-text journals, 90 databases, 100,000 electronic books, and 1.5 million dissertations—available at any time, from anywhere you have access to the Internet. Tutorials and quarterly webinars are also available to help you use research resources more effectively.
Our library staff can give you personalized support, including:
- Answering questions about the research process and about the library’s tools and resources.
- Helping you develop search strategies.
- Providing tips on navigating databases more productively.
- Directing you toward additional resources outside of the Walden library.
The Center for Research Quality
Our Center for Research Quality promotes the highest academic and ethical standards in research. The center provides guidelines and sample projects to help you plan and conduct your research in your online program, and it offers an academic review of your work once it is completed.
Additional research support options include:
- Helping you pursue grants, fellowships, and other sources of funding for your research projects.
- Providing resources for publishing and presenting your research.
- Constructing rubrics for developing a thesis and dissertation.
- Assisting with submitting your research to Walden’s Institutional Review Board (IRB) to ensure it conforms to the highest ethical standards.
Find out what our online higher education community can offer you. Request information or speak with an enrollment advisor by calling 1-866-492-5336. A list of international toll-free phone numbers is available for students outside the United States.