Through our PhD in Public Policy and Administration program, you can take the lead in developing sustainable solutions to improve people’s quality of life today and ensure a better tomorrow.
One of the most respected online programs of its kind, the PhD in Public Policy and Administration program can prepare you to meet the challenges of governance and public service in the United States and around the world. The program provides you with a detailed understanding of public policy theory, research, and practice in a global context.
Earning your PhD in Public Policy and Administration from Walden positions you to attain a new level of credibility and influence in your field and to embrace exciting new career opportunities as a researcher, college-level educator, or administrative leader in the private, public, or nonprofit sector.
Why earn your PhD in public administration from Walden?
- The program’s international perspective benefits U.S.-based and international students alike. With courses that incorporate global case studies, a Global Leadership specialization option, and a foundation course created exclusively for international students, this public policy PhD helps you broaden your understanding.
- The program is taught by a diverse faculty of scholar-practitioners, all of whom hold doctoral degrees, with experience in the domestic and international policy arenas.
- Earn your public policy PhD degree sooner if you already have a Master of Public Administration (MPA) or MS in Nonprofit Management and Leadership from Walden.
- Participate in face-to-face and/or virtual academic residencies that can enhance your development as a scholar-practitioner through networking with peers, faculty, and your support team.
- Choose from a General Program or 12 PhD in public administration specializations, allowing you to focus your learning on your personal interests and career goals:
Save money and time by completing your degree faster.
- If you are eligible, you can transfer up to 41 credits to your PhD program. This allows you to save up to 45% of the cost of your tuition.
- If you have an MPA or an MS in Nonprofit Management and Leadership from Walden, you can complete your program with 66 credits instead of 82 credits.
- If you have an MPA or a Master of Public Policy (MPP) from another regionally accredited university, you can complete your program with 67 credits instead of 82 credits.
With our PhD in Public Policy and Administration, you can gain the knowledge and credentials that will help you change your world—and the world around you. Pursue your scholarly passions while acquiring the skills to develop sustainable solutions to some of the world’s most pressing social issues.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.