With our PhD in Psychology program, you can prepare to make valuable contributions to organizations while helping individuals, families, and groups improve their lives.
Our online PhD in Psychology program gives you the tools to make an impact in your field, helping you change your world and the world of others. Taught by respected researchers and psychology experts, coursework explores current theories and best practices and empowers you to combine scholarly research with practical expertise. Research opportunities help you build the skills and knowledge you need to work with a diverse clientele in a variety of settings.
A doctoral degree in psychology from Walden can prepare you to serve as a practitioner, instructor or professor, consultant, administrator, or researcher for government, nonprofit, and private organizations.*
Why earn your doctorate in psychology from Walden?
- Our scholar-practitioner model enables you to apply research to address real-world problems and concerns.
- Earn your MS in Psychology while completing the PhD program in eligible specializations.
- In-person and virtual residency experiences allow you to gain essential skills and prepare for doctoral-level research and practice.
- Courses are taught by renowned and accomplished faculty with significant research and practice experience; 100% are PhD graduates.
- Choose from seven specializations, allowing you to focus your learning in an area that matches your career goals:
Interested in Industrial and Organizational Psychology? Learn more.
Join an Online PhD in Psychology Program with High Graduate Satisfaction
- More than 78% of our PhD in Psychology graduates said they would select Walden University if they were to start their coursework again.‡
- More than 80% of our PhD in Psychology graduates rated their program as good or excellent.‡
What Our Graduates Are Saying
“My education has helped me be more effective in matching people with career opportunities and helping companies develop their employees. Since I work in the field I am studying, I get to apply what I learn at Walden every day. I see myself becoming more and more effective as my knowledge increases.”—David Solot, PhD in Psychology Graduate
Learn More About the Program:
Discover what others are saying about Walden's PhD in Psychology and what it has to offer.
PhD in Psychology students Edward Potter and Ginger Jenkins discuss how Walden faculty helps students through the dissertation process.
Find detailed information for this program, including possible occupations, completion rate, program costs, and median student loan debt.
*Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this degree program.
†The Clinical Psychology and Counseling Psychology specializations in the PhD in Psychology program are designed to prepare graduates to qualify to sit for psychology licensing exams. These specializations are designed to meet the academic licensure requirements of some state psychology boards. However, Walden University’s professional specializations in Clinical Psychology and Counseling Psychology are not accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) and have not received designation by the Association of State and Provincial Psychology Boards/National Register (ASPPB/NR), which are requirements for licensure in some states. Walden enrollment advisors can provide guidance on licensure issues, state-by-state educational requirements, and internship and practicum requirements; however, it remains the student’s responsibility to evaluate and understand the licensure requirements for the state or international location in which he or she intends to work as requirements vary widely. Walden University makes no representation or guarantee that the completion of a degree or coursework for graduate credit will permit the student to obtain licensure.
‡Source: www.WaldenU.edu/DATA, 2013–2014