Walden offers several options for educators who want to develop expertise beyond the master’s level to improve their effectiveness in the educational environment while increasing their credentials for career advancement.
The Education Specialist (Ed.S.) program may be your best choice if you want to:
- Gain the skills necessary for advancement in your school, district, state, organization, or community.
- Deepen your knowledge of leading-edge developments in a specific field of education while increasing your ability to make use of current research.
- Learn and implement research-based management techniques and strategies within your school or organization.
- Understand and manage complex educational issues.
- Encourage and inspire students, teachers, staff members, families, and the community to work together to provide a safe and secure learning environment.
The Doctor of Education (Ed.D.) program may be your best choice if you want to:
- Become an informed educator who can lead the classroom, district, or college by knowing how to make data-driven decisions.
- Deepen your mastery of leading-edge developments in the field of education while increasing your research skills.
- Produce research and conduct a doctoral study with the intent to positively influence education in your school, district, region, or state.
- Transition into a faculty teaching position in higher education.
The Ph.D. in Education program may be your best choice if you want to:
- Extend your influence in higher education as a faculty member or as an administrator.
- Develop the skills to address the nation’s most pressing educational challenges, in the context of a flexible program of study.
- Conduct original research that will contribute to the education profession as a whole, as well as complete a traditional dissertation.