As an undergraduate student,* you can choose how many credits you take each term to best meet your professional and personal goals. Whether your time is limited for studies or you want to take an accelerated path to earn your degree sooner, you can choose the plan that’s right for you.
Choose from three options:
- Standard Plan: Complete your entire degree program in as little as 51 months by taking two classes per quarter;† this is the plan you will initially enroll in, with the option to switch to another plan. The small course load lets you balance your academic work with your busy lifestyle.
- Forward Plan: Complete your entire degree program in as little as 39 months by taking three classes per quarter.† You have the option of enrolling in this plan for one or more quarters or for your entire program if your schedule allows.
- Advanced Plan: Complete your entire degree program in as little as 30 months by taking four classes per quarter.† This option will be available to you after you enroll, demonstrate success, and consult an academic advisor. You have the option of enrolling in this plan for one or more quarters or for your entire program if your schedule allows.
You may change your plan at any time during your program if you find your schedule to be too demanding as long as you maintain a 22-credit-per-quarter limit. Any plan can be used in combination with any allowable transfer of credit.
Expanded 12-Week Course Opportunity
With each of these Undergraduate Pathway options, you have the opportunity to select certain general education courses that are now available in a 12-week format. This new 12-week format provides you with extended time to master complex subjects, such as biology, psychology, human anatomy, and physiology.
We currently have the following courses available in a 12-week format:
- BIOL 1001e: Introduction to Biology (5 cr.)
- PSYC 1001e: Introduction to Psychology (5 cr.)
- BIOL 3020e: Essentials of Human Anatomy and Physiology (5 cr.)
- ENG 1001e: English Composition (5 cr.) - starting December 2012
Prerequisites may apply.
With these new 12-week course formats, you can complete certain courses in a longer period of time while still earning your degree in a shorter time frame if you move from the Standard Plan to the Forward or Advanced Plan.
To discuss these options before you enroll in a program, call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336. Students who are currently enrolled should speak with a member of their Academic Advising Team about the Advanced Plan.
*This option is not available for students in the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Completion Program.
†Time to completion may vary by student, depending on individual progress and credits transferred, if applicable. For a personalized estimate of your time to completion, call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336.