As a supplement to a non-healthcare major field of study, a minor in Health Promotion and Wellness may lead to a greater range of career opportunities. With this minor, you can gain the knowledge and skills to be an advocate for your own health as well as to encourage others to live healthier, more balanced, and more meaningful lives. Coursework provides a holistic view of health and is rooted in multiple dimensions of health, including physical, emotional, social, intellectual, spiritual, occupational, and environmental. Note: This minor is open to all bachelor’s degree students except those enrolled in the B.S. in Health Studies, B.S. in Healthcare Management, or B.S. in Public Health programs.
- HLTH 4300 Personal Health and Wellness
- HLTH 4320 Nutrition Across the Lifespan
- HLTH 4340 Fit and Well: Core Concepts in Exercise Science
- HLTH 4360 Stress Management and Wellness
Choose two of the following courses:
- HLTH 4380 Strategies for Health Communication and Wellness
- HLTH 2110 Behavioral and Cultural Issues in Healthcare
- HLTH 2115 Aging Across the Lifespan
- PUBH 4000 Public Health Education and Communication
- PUBH 3100 Human Disease and Prevention
- HLTH 3115 Public and Global Health
- PUBH 4030 Planning Public Health Programs
- PUBH 4100 Evaluating Public Health Programs
View the course descriptions using the course filter.