A Bachelor of Science in Communication can open doors to many challenging, exciting, and rewarding career opportunities. Professionals with a B.S. in Communication benefit from rewarding careers in a variety of settings that include nonprofit organizations, global corporations, hospitals, universities, government entities, political groups, and marketing agencies.
Meet the Growing Demand
The career outlook for professional communicators is strong. Recent research shows:
- Advertising, promotions, and marketing will continue to be essential for organizations as they look to maintain and expand their share of the market. Employment of public relations managers and specialists is expected to grow 21% from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations.*
- Online publications and services are growing in number and sophistication, spurring demand for writers and authors with Web and multimedia experience.*
- Employers ranked strong communication skills first among desirable skills and qualities for job candidates.†
What’s Your Career Goal?
Depending on your personal and professional aspirations, as a graduate of Walden’s B.S. in Communication program you may pursue careers in a variety of fields that include:‡
- Community outreach
- Electronic media/radio/television
- International relations
- Public relations
- Theater/performing arts
- Social and human relations
*Bureau of Labor Statistics, U.S. Department of Labor, “Occupational Outlook Handbook, 2012–13 Edition,” on the Internet at www.bls.gov/ooh (viewed online May 10, 2012). National long-term projections may not reflect local and/or short-term economic or job conditions and do not guarantee actual job growth.
†National Association of Colleges and Employers, Job Outlook: The Candidate Skills/Qualities Employers Want, on the Internet atwww.naceweb.org/s10262011/candidate_skills_employer_qualities/ (viewed online May 10, 2012)..
‡Career options may require additional experience, training, or other factors beyond the successful completion of this degree program..