Gain the specialized skills and credentials needed to succeed in an increasingly complex healthcare environment. As a completion program, the BSN provides current registered nurses with the opportunity to:
- Benefit from a curriculum based on the 2008 Essentials of Baccalaureate Education as published by the American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN).
- Explore new perspectives by collaborating with nurses from around the country in a highly interactive online environment.
- Learn from nationally renowned contributing scholars and 100% doctorally prepared faculty.
- Receive personalized technical and academic support from Walden’s academic advisors, technical support staff, and tutors.
- Apply real-world solutions immediately on the job.
- Establish a foundation for pursuing graduate studies.
- Achieve your educational goals without compromising your personal and professional obligations with the help of Walden’s comprehensive student services.
- Join Phi Nu, Walden’s chartered chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing and connect with nurses around the world to share the latest nursing research and best practices in clinical, scientific, and leadership areas.
Notice to Walden University Nursing Constituency
We are pleased to announce that the Walden University School of Nursing will host a review for continuing accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) of Walden's RN-BSN program from March 16-18, 2015. As a part of the process, CCNE provides the opportunity for constituents (alumni, employers, faculty, students, or other interested parties) of the program to submit their comments in writing related to the program's qualification for accreditation status. Comments are welcome and are to be forwarded to CCNE until thirty days prior to the visit or by February 15, 2015.
Signed comments should be addressed to:
Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
One Dupont Circle, NW Suite 530
Washington, DC 20036-1120
Information about CCNE can be found online at www.aacn.nche.edu
At Walden, you can choose when, where, and how you learn thanks to our online format and MobileLearn®. Through this education technology, you can listen to coursework on your MP3 player, access your classroom from your iPhone, download coursework to your laptop, and more.
Find out more about what defines Walden’s Bachelor of Science in Nursing program: