During Nov. 3–9, our Global Days of Service inspired nearly 9,000 faculty, staff, students, and alumni, as well as their friends and family, to participate in community service projects around the world.
In more than 100 projects, members of the Walden and Laureate International Universities community:
- Collected food, diapers, clothes, and shoes for children in Mexico.
- Walked to increase awareness and raise funds to send underprivileged children to school in Uganda.
- Performed gardening tasks at a women’s shelter for survivors of human trafficking and domestic violence.
- Cleaned and reorganized the kitchen at the Minneapolis American Indian Center for the third consecutive year.Refurbished the parents’ room and teachers’ lounge of an elementary school in Baltimore.
- Provided dental care for young orphans in Costa Rica.
- Recruited family and friends to join dozens of other local volunteer projects.
Thank you to all of our volunteers for helping to make a positive impact in communities around the globe.
You can continue to serve your community year-round. Visit the Walden Service Network and find a volunteer project near you.