Minneapolis—January 31, 2007—Walden University, an accredited online institution with more than 35 years of experience providing graduate-level education, has launched its enhanced Master of Business Administration degree to connect business professionals to the skills required to succeed in today’s global economy.
Ranked among the top five largest online graduate programs for business by enrollment in 2006 by U.S. News & World Report, Walden offers an MBA that connects students to professionals globally through its membership in the Laureate International Universities network—one of the world’s largest international learning communities. Walden University is the flagship online university in this network of 25 accredited campus-based and online universities, serving more than 240,000 students at 58 campuses in 16 countries and online in more than 130 countries.
“The world is getting smaller, and the need for global understanding is getting larger. Walden’s partnerships with Laureate International Universities institutions are creating a ‘global classroom’ that expands the horizons of students around the world,” said university President Paula E. Peinovich, PhD.
Walden’s MBA curriculum focuses on real-world issues with coursework designed to address challenges affecting managers in the United States and abroad. The curriculum offers experiences that integrate authentic learning to enhance ethical decision-making skills. Degree specializations include three new options, Entrepreneurship, Leadership and Project Management, as well as Finance, Human Resource Management, Marketing and Technology. The program’s distinguished faculty of scholars and business leaders is dedicated to teaching and instruction that gives students a view into the global market.
The Walden MBA offers access to exclusive opportunities and resources including:
- The Laureate International Universities Global Mentorship Program, which provides MBA students the opportunity to expand their international perspective, make new contacts around the world and network with an exclusive pool of mentors from a database searchable by industry and job title.
- Study abroad options enabling students to experience international cultures and business management styles through Walden’s short-term residential learning experiences at other Laureate International Universities institutions.
- The MBA field study option that pairs a student and Walden faculty member for eight weeks to develop and work on a business project personalized to the student’s areas of interest.
- The Laureate International Universities Global Career Center, a proprietary job-placement site with more than 6,200 partner corporations posting over 35,000 jobs worldwide specific to the skills and interests of students from Walden University and network institutions.
- A unique online networking tool that allows Walden MBA students to connect with classmates and exchange information for a better understanding of their peers worldwide.
Walden ensures that its MBA students have what they need to focus on their studies, including access to selected research from leading technology research firm, the Gartner Group, Inc. The university’s award-winning online concierge service is available to address student questions about learning online.
For more information about the Walden MBA, call an enrollment advisor at 1-866-492-5336; for international inquiries, call +31.20.713.200.
About Walden University
Since 1970, Walden University has offered working professionals the opportunity to earn advanced degrees through distance learning. Today, this comprehensive, accredited online university offers master’s and doctoral degrees in education, psychology, management, public policy and administration and health and human services, as well as master’s programs in engineering and IT and bachelor’s completion programs in business. Walden University is a member of the Laureate International Universities network, the largest global network of accredited campus-based and online universities. For more information, visit www.WaldenU.edu.
Walden University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association, www.ncahlc.org ; 1-312-263-0456.
About Laureate Education, Inc.
Laureate Education Inc. (NASDAQ:LAUR) is the parent company of Laureate International Universities, one of the world’s largest private networks of accredited campus-based and online universities with 25 institutions in 16 countries, offering academic programs to 240,000 students through 58 campuses and online delivery. Addressing the rapidly growing global demand for higher education, Laureate offers a broad range of career-oriented undergraduate and graduate programs through campus-based universities located in Latin America, Europe and Asia. Through online universities, Laureate offers the growing population of nontraditional, working-adult students the convenience and flexibility of distance learning to pursue undergraduate, master’s and doctorate degree programs in major career fields including engineering, education, business and health care. For more information, please visit our Web site, www.laureate.net.