Starting Your Own Small Business – Top 10 Questions to Consider
November 6, 2014
If you’ve always aspired to start your own business—or already have one that you’d like to grow—don’t miss this exclusive on-demand webinar. Hosted by media mogul and founder of The Adelante Movement, Nely Galán and Walden faculty member Dr. Yvonne Doll, this webinar will explore 10 key considerations of starting and running a small business, including:
- Deciding if being a business owner fits your lifestyle and passions.
- Determining a market need for your product or service.
- Defining your target customers.
- Evaluating the competitive landscape.
Meet Faculty and Alumni from the Ph.D. in Management Program
Join Dr. John Nirenberg, Ph.D. in Management program director and Dr. Gregory Campbell, Ph.D. in Management alumni to learn more about Walden’s Ph.D. in Management program and how it can help you build on your existing experience and lead advancements in the field. During the webinar, you will:
- Learn about the program and specialization options.
- Explore features and benefits of Walden’s Ph.D. in Management program.
- Discover the resources available to students and what it’s like to learn online.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn about Walden’s Ph.D. in Management program and hear from Dr. Gregory Campbell about his experience as a Ph.D. student.
Meet Faculty and Alumni from the D.B.A. Program
During this event, you will hear from D.B.A. faculty member Dr. Yvonne Doll. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about the program and about her professional experiences, enabling you to gain insight into the student-faculty relationship at Walden.
In addition, Dr. Tara L. Davis, graduate from the D.B.A. program will share her insights and experiences.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn more about what makes Walden’s D.B.A. program unique.
Executive M.B.A.: Leadership Without Limits
In the "Executive M.B.A.: Leadership Without Limits" webinar, program director Dr. John McDonald answered prospective students' questions about Walden's EMBA program, and also discussed:
- Who the ideal EMBA candidate is.
- What skills you can gain from the program.
- Why you should earn your EMBA at Walden.
M.B.A. Shaping the Future of Business
In “M.B.A.: Shaping the Future of Business,” Dr. William Schultz, III, Walden faculty member, will give you an overview of our M.B.A. program. You’ll also hear from Lisa Cook, director of Career Services, who will discuss career options and introduce you to Walden’s career management program, CareerBoostTM. During this webinar, you also will:
- Learn about the program structure and specialization options.
- Explore the features and benefits of Walden’s program.
- Discover the resources available to you at our Career Services Center.
Meet and Greet with D.B.A. Faculty and Alumni
During this event, you will hear from D.B.A. faculty members Dr. Peter Anthony and Dr. Diane Dusick. You’ll have the opportunity to learn about the program and about their professional experiences, enabling you to gain insight into the student-faculty relationship at Walden.
In addition, Dr. Brian Allen and Dr. Debbie Krouse, graduates from the D.B.A. program, will share their insights and experiences.
This is a great opportunity for you to learn more about what makes Walden’s D.B..A. program unique.
Growing in Professional Organizations Today: The Accountant Practitioner
Join Dr. Roberto Castaneda, certified public accountant and program director of accounting programs at Walden University, and Dr. Marc McIntosh, core faculty. Drs. Castaneda and McIntosh will discuss the evolution of the accounting profession and share practical strategies for success in the ever-changing field.
View the webinar to learn about
- Emerging trends and technologies affecting the occupation
- Changing roles of accountants in today’s global economy
- Skills required to advance your career
- Tips for developing as a leader in the field.
Stress: The Insidious Leveler of Good Unsuspecting People
With the demands of work, school, family, and other commitments, it’s not uncommon to experience some level of stress. In fact, many consider it a normal part of everyday life. Left unchecked, however, ongoing stress can quickly give rise to more serious problems – stealing from our health, happiness, and success.
Learn how to recognize, manage, and cope with stress – and bring balance back into your life – during the Walden University webinar, “Stress: The Insidious Leveler of Good Unsuspecting People”.
Presenters Dr. Henry M. Brashen, program director for the B.S. in Communication, M.S. in Leadership, and M.S. in Human Resources programs; and Dr. Eboni I. Green, contributing faculty member for Walden’s College of Health Sciences, discuss powerful strategies for managing stress. You will learn to: Identify symptoms of stress. Analyze your stress level and dangers. Assess causes of stress. Examine a variety of stress management techniques. Develop a stress management action plan.
How to Choose Your Doctoral Degree
During this webinar, you can explore how earning a Ph.D. in Management or a Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) at Walden University can help you build on your existing experience and lead advancements in your field.
Walden School of Management faculty members Dr. Pamela H. Smith and Dr. David Gould, along with two current students, discussed such topics as:
- Program highlights–decide what each program has to offer you
- Career options–determine which degree can help you achieve your career goals
- Learning formats–explore which format meets your unique learning style
Steps in Obtaining Your CPA Designation
View this Walden On-Demand Webinar led by Drs. Castaneda and Salvador titled “Steps in Obtaining Your CPA Designation”.
During this presentation, Drs. Castaneda and Salvador discussed strategies for taking the CPA exam—and passing it. They also talked about the state of the accounting field in today’s economy and what steps you need to take to make yourself stand out to employers.
This Walden On-Demand Webinar also included:
- An explanation of the CPA exam so you’ll know what to expect.
- Tips on what to do once you’ve passed the exam.
- Information about which Walden programs can prepare you to take the CPA
Surviving the Next Economic Crisis
View this Walden On-Demand Webinar led by Dr. Roberto Castaneda titled “Surviving the Next Economic Crisis”.
This Walden On-Demand Webinar will explore the practical financial management tools that can help you develop efficient strategies to endure a recession. Dr. Castaneda discussed the simple but effective ways you can:
- Budget more appropriately.
- Improve job security.
- Invest for the future.
Surviving and Thriving in IT
View this Walden On-Demand Webinar led by Drs. Faggiani and Barilovits titled “Surviving and Thriving in IT”.
During this Walden On-Demand Webinar, you will discover:
- How you can you position yourself to take advantage of the explosive growth in IT.
- What knowledge and abilities can position you for a future in IT.
- The best ways to develop and enhance your IT skills.
Finding Success as an Entrepreneur in the 21st Century
View this Walden On-Demand Webinar led by Dr. Bruce Huang titled “Finding Success as an Entrepreneur in the 21st Century”
During this Walden On-Demand Webinar, Dr. Bruce Huang, a faculty member in Walden’s M.B.A. program, discussed the secrets to becoming a successful entrepreneur in the 21st Century as well as how to
- Make The Direct Customer Model work for your independent business.
- Transform your ideas into business venture.
- Plan for you career as an entrepreneur.
Myths About CFOs and Controllers
View this Walden On-Demand Webinar led by Dr. Roberto Castaneda titled “Myths About CFOs and Controllers”
The roles of chief financial officers (CFOs) and controllers are expanding rapidly and changing with the growing needs of today’s global workplace. During this presentation, Dr. Castaneda explained how these roles are evolving. He also discussed strategies you can use to advance into these senior-level positions.
During this Walden On-Demand Webinar, you will learn:
- Common misconceptions about the CFO and controller roles.
- Trends affecting these occupations.
- What executive management requires of these roles.
- How you can prepare to advance into a senior-level financial position.
Communication: The Road to Building Relationships, Job Satisfaction, and Promotability
Walden invites you to view the Walden On-Demand Webinar of the Walden Webinar Communication: The Road to Building Relationships, Job Satisfaction, and Promotability
During this presentation, Dr. Brashen, program director for Walden’s B.S. in Communications program will discuss:
- The 4 Pillars of Communication and how each pillar will enhance relationships, job satisfaction, and promotion opportunities.
- What skills employers are seeking from college graduates
- How Walden’s B.S. in Communication can position you for a career in communication.
Meet the Walden M.B.A. Faculty
Walden invites you to view the Walden On-Demand Webinar of Meet the Walden M.B.A. Faculty
During this Walden On-Demand Webinar, you will meet M.B.A. faculty members Drs. Richard Gayer, Bruce Huang, Pamela Legner, and Tommy Spotts, and will have the chance to learn about their teaching experiences, professional experiences, and gain insight into the student-faculty relationship.
The Professional Project Manager
Walden invites you to view the Walden On-Demand Webinar, The Professional Project Manager.
According to the Project Management Institute (PMI)® Global Accreditation Center, project management is one of the top 20 recession-proof jobs across industry, government, and global economic sectors.*
During this presentation, Dr. Simmons, director for Walden’s M.S. in Project Management program discussed:
- What skills employers are seeking from project management professionals.
- The importance of professional certification and its benefits.
- How Walden’s degree programs, specializations, and graduate certificates can position you for a career in project management.
*New Opportunities for Business School Growth, PMI Global Accreditation Center, ACBSP Annual Conference, June 2009.
PMI is a registered trademark and service mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
The Ph.D. or the D.B.A.: Which Program Fits You Best?
Walden invites you to view the Walden On-Demand Webinar, The Ph.D. or the D.B.A.: Which Program Fits You Best?
During this Walden On-Demand Webinar, you will explore how earning a Ph.D. in Management or a Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.) at Walden University can help you build on your existing experience and lead advancements in your field.
Walden School of Management faculty members Dr. Teresa M. Lao, Dr. Pamela Smith, and Dr. David Gould discussed such topics as:
- Program highlights – decide what each program has to offer you
- Career options – determine which degree can help you achieve your career goals
- Learning formats – explore which format meets your unique learning style
This Walden On-Demand Webinar was designed in order to provide you with a better understanding of which doctoral degree bests fits your academic and professional goals.
View this Walden On-Demand Webinar led by Dr. Kathleen Simmons titled “Project Management: Universality of the Profession and Practice Across Industries”.
Dr. Simmons, Program Director for the Master of Science in Project Management at Walden University, discussed current research on the universal application of the profession and practice of project management across industries.
Today’s Leadership Skills for Tomorrow’s Ethical Leaders
Interested in learning what it takes to create ethical leaders within organizations? Then you will want to view this archive featuring Walden’s School of Management faculty members Dr. William Schulz and Dr. Perry Pettis as they discussed Today’s Leadership Skills for Tomorrow’s Ethical Leaders.
This presentation will provide you with the unique opportunity to learn about such topics as:
- What are the requisite skills necessary for creating ethical leaders?
- What can history teach us (e.g., the financial industry meltdown)?
- What is Walden doing to prepare tomorrow's ethical leaders for the challenges they are going to face?
Open House: Walden's Doctor of Business Administration (D.B.A.)
Led by Charles Picker, Ph.D., program director for the D.B.A. program, this event was designed to help you gain a deeper understanding of the program's unique features and benefits, including specific details surrounding the specializations and concentrations, as well as the time commitment involved in earning a degree online.
Faculty Forum: Leadership and Organizational Change: How You Can Be the Change
Listen to Walden University faculty member William Schulz, Ph.D., interim associate dean of Walden's School of Management, and his guest, Dr. Carole Bergeron, discuss how successful leaders effectively position themselves as the primary instrument of organizational change and how adaptive change is sustainable only when combined with personal change.